Current Work (2021-22 Academic Year)
AUN’s goals for the 2021-22 academic year include the projects listed below. For additional information or feedback, we encourage you to contact Marquetta Scott or Charnessa Warren.
- Physical Accessibility: Update the Accessibility Map. Explore the feasibility of developing an integrated map that includes accessibility more broadly (physical accessibility, digital access, single user accessible restrooms, sharps containers, lactation rooms). AUN will collaborate on upgrades to the Report a Campus Access Barrier, specifically enhancing the existing report a barrier process to incorporate a status update feature; transparency about requested repairs; and closing explanations/justifications.
- Training & Awareness: Faculty Training. Identify or develop a training module for new or returning faculty which includes a marketing strategy to incentivize participation.
- Training & Awareness. Draft accessibility toolkit for campus community in partnership with campus partners (*continued from AY21)
- Policies & Practices. Review and make recommendations related to other university policies that may create a more inclusive culture for people with disabilities.
- Policies & Practices. Clarify employee accommodation process for all staff and create and communicate related process and resources to local units and campus community (*continued from AY21).
For feedback or more information on any of these projects contact any member of the AUN leadership team.